Thursday, July 18, 2013

Reflection

Will I ever feel like me again? Is this the me I'll always be? Worried, afraid , terrified , paranoid, over protective, defensive, wanting to keep my son in a bubble??? How does he feel? Does he feel like he did before the surgery, is he afraid to sleep, is he afraid when I'm not in his view, does he trust me??? 

I know things will get better it will take some time. I relive the day Dr. Park told us Cole had a congenital heart defect. I get taken back to the 6 weeks prior to surgery often in my mind. Memories that haunt me. The fear of the unknown. 

My baby is here with me now. Growing by the day. I sit back and still watch him and pray and pray for more time with him. I pray for other children too and it breaks my heart what others are going through with their little ones. I feel bad at times that my baby came home while there are so many other kids still in the hospital. 

To have someone say they are praying for you is the best gift anyone can give. I never truly felt that someone telling me that was a gift till about 8 weeks ago. I love my relationship I am forming with The Lord. I have learned a lot about myself through my sons on going heart journey. I am becoming a better Christian woman , mother and wife. Life is a blessing take nothing for granted ever. 

For this child I prayed, and the Lord has granted me my petition which I asked of Him. 1 Samuel 1:27

7/17/2013 ~ Cole 2 Months Old 



1 comment:

  1. I know exactly what you mean! It's bad enough we worry about our kids normally - but throw a CHD into the mix, and now you worry 500x more!! No make that 1 million times more! Our surgery was 8 weeks ago now, and I will tell you, it DOES start to become a distant memory but still a solid memory if that makes sense. I get what you're saying 100%!
    oh and - Look at that cute little smile - oh my gosh!!

    ReplyDelete