Sunday, July 14, 2013

Home Sweet Home

So here we are HOME. Couldn't be happier about it either. The car ride from Seattle Children's to home seem like it took forever. Granted there was Seattle traffic we ran into , no surprise there. LOL. Cole was pretty fussy when we got home. Nothing made him happy you could tell he was in pain.  Dylan and I took turns holding , rocking and walking him around. Finally he settled down and slept here and there. 

We have so many alarms set to feed and give meds. Along with him having wicked reflux we have to keep him upright like 24/7 and him needing to be on his wedge. I'm wondering when life will feel normal again or is this my now normal. Doesn't matter anyways I love this little boy and can adjust to what ever he needs of me......... 

Today was Saturday and we just are starting to get into our groove with Cole. We learned some likes today and dislikes. We basically are starting the bonding period all over again.  I kind of wonder if at this time we have to earn Coles trust I only say that because he looks fearful at times especially when I get near his chest scar. Time heals all wounds and we will get there together.  

So far Cole is doing excellent he is eating like a champ 3-4 ounces every 3 hours. He has already grown out of his newborn size clothes. His color is still adjusting and he still loves to sleep. Cole snores just like daddy and yes mommy too. Although I don't think I snore lol but my husband begs to differ. Hehehe   

 How you doin???



He likes to pose for the camera :)

8 day post-op zipper 

First home cooked meal in 8 days thank you cook Dylan 

Cole LOVES to sleep


1 comment: