Friday, July 12, 2013

Day 7 Goodbye Seattle Children's Hello Home

A long day to say the least but all in all Cole was discharged and sent home 

Cole seems to be in tons of pain we may need just more than tylonol for the pain. They are telling me babies are so resilient and bounce back but I know my baby he is in pain. We are all so happy to be home and very exhausted. I won't write much today but I will go back and update this post when I have more energy. 

I can say that the emotions I felt today were more than overwhelming. I completely broke down after the doctors came in to tell us Cole was going home. I had cried after I handed my baby over for surgery and a few other times but never broke until today. Every emotion every fear all the memories of the past 8 weeks just flooded my brain. I couldn't stop crying our nice nurse named Anne rubbed my arm and tried to consul me along with my husband. All I know is I have my baby home and his heart is mended for the time being. 

Our surgeon Dr. McMullen came to say goodbye. As he was leaving out of our room I said hey he turned around and I told him " thank you for fixing my son's heart" he looked at me and smirked and said you're welcome. The look he had in his eyes when I thanked him said everything. 

Will update more but for now here are some pictures. 

Daddy and Cole waiting on the word if we go home. 

My happy boy he heard the good news 

Yes baby we are going home 

Naked face I love it 

Goodbye Seattle Children's
 (don't we look lovely lol) 

               1 in 100 CHD Warrior 

1 comment: