Monday, June 3, 2013

Calm before the storm

The calm before the storm is what I'm calling today. As of today I know of one heart defect Cole has and I pray that tomorrow no more defects are found during his echocardiogram. Today we only know of the plan let him gain 10 pounds then doctors can operate. Tomorrow everything changes, more plans will be in effect, why does that scare me so bad??? I mean the doctors will give us a date to be able to fix him. I am happy they will fix Cole but I'm just terrified to have the surgery and to lose him. I know this is God's plan and everything happens for a reason. I just wish life had a fast forward. Cole was very fussy today but on a more positive note he was up more today than he has been in the last 2 weeks of his life. I hope our families can meet Cole soon. Being far away from our families are hard right now. I'm thankful for my 16 year old daughter's enthusiasm to help with Cole. My 5 and 3 year old sons they have been so good and understanding these last few weeks. Tonight I sat by their bedside as they slept they looked so peaceful. I said a prayer over them and thanked the lord for my children I love them all so much. Tomorrow I will know more thank you to everyone for all their prayers.


1 comment:

  1. Hi!
    I saw your blog from Kristine McBrite. My son Sullivan was born in November 2011. I had a high risk pregnancy due to infertility and had about 20 ultrasounds and they all said, "Yep, he's perfectly healthy!"
    Well, the night after he was born, with low O2 sats, they discovered he has Tetralogy of Fallot with Pulmonary Atresia and VSD.
    Basically, his pulmonary artery that pumps oxygenated blood from his heart to his lungs never opend.
    He had his first OHS at 3 days old and his second "total repair" at 6 months old.
    Today, he is almost 19 months old and happy, and healthy! He has had miraculous healing. We also teach him to be very proud of hiz "zipper" (chest scar.) It just means that he was stronger than whatever tried to hurt him.
    You're a cardiac mom now. You'll know what an IJ is, lasix, chest tube, etc. Things that moms shouldnt really have to know about.
    But let me tell you, us cardiac moms are tough as nails, and you will get your thick skin too.
    CHDs are not a death sentence and babies can grow up and be just fine.
    Hang in there!

    Courtney

    ReplyDelete