Friday, May 5, 2017

Letting Cole be COLE


This post I'm sure will cause all kinds of emotions and everyone's opinions to flare. I've put this off for way too long and well I don't feel the need to hide this any longer or make excuses. As everyone knows I've procreated like a bunny. Out of my beautiful children I have my last baby Cole. Some of you know​ Cole’s special heart story and why he is so special and others may not if not check out some of my previous blog posts to catch up on Cole and his journey. 


Cole is a heart warrior with a lung disease that's left his veins in his lungs malformed and under developed. Through all of Cole's struggles he has overcame each of them. No oxygen 24/7 anymore only when very ill, no ICU stays these days, I thank God every day for this boys strength. Cole's life can change in a blink of an eye but we live day by day.

He will be 4 years old on the 17th of this month. We all love our children and want the best for them and it hurts us to see them hurt. So with all that being said why do people feel the need to say what a little boy should or should not play with???

Cole loves Frozen this love for Frozen came from our many stays at Lucile Packard Children's Hospital and it being on demand at the hospital. The movie Frozen kept Cole entertained while having procedures and just having to stay cooped up in the baby prison crib. With that love for Frozen came a love of dolls, crowns and singing lots of singing and most things process related. Hey if this makes him happy so what?? What does it hurt if my son carries his Elsa Barbie around town while we run errands??? Why do complete strangers feel the need to make rude remarks about my doll carrying son?!? Cole's reaction to anyone ever saying anything negative around us about boys and dolls is "isn't my doll beautiful I love frozen" if they don't answer he just smiles and continues and says I love dolls and I don't care. I love Cole no matter if this is or isn't a phase. If you see a boy carrying a doll or wearing a crown so what, who are you to judge anything.

Keep it moving people there are more serious matters in this world than my son who carries his baby doll or Barbie who may or may not have worn his coronation crown out that day.



This is my Cole and I love him just the way he is.




No comments:

Post a Comment